Light issues perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErHdz

New User
Occupation
Electrician
I've been dealing with an issue of a hot neutral when some lights are switched on, I checked all my connections (at the switch boxes and sub panel) and everything is as it should, these lights are the can less type, that the HO supply, purchased from amazon. One of the things it does when I turn on these lights, it makes the Sub panel 125 main breaker buzz, when I turn them off and stops (well, do not turn on the lights and problem solved, right?), I notice, there is this LED light that when some of these lights creating the issue are on, this light in particular DO NOT work, until I turn them off. I even switched the breaker and plug it into a PDF breaker to see what it did, and it worked just fine. I've seen and solved many issues but never encounter a situation like this, have anyone had something like this? any guidance and input will be much appreciated.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Depending on your definition of a Hot neutral and how you checked for it, I would think you have an open neutral some where. That would elevate the voltage to ground.

You need to put a meter on things. Check amperages, voltage in a methodical approach.

FWIW, I am skeptical of things off Amazon, Usually a good reason for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.