LED Tube Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I'm doing a kitchen remodel for some friends. They have ordered LED tube lights, with transformers, j boxes and connector cords. This will be my 1st time with these. Has anyone else installed them? Like them? I hope they are good. I talked them out of hockey pucks. Pucks are a tedious install to me.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've now installed these. They are Lithonia brand. Customer likes them, I think they are too dim. Are made a bit cheap too and are inconsistent. He had to order another 18" stick, as 2 in a section did not match output. Also had a bad cord for 1 of the transformers. End connections are not what they should be. Connect 2 lts with a cord and the cord will be pulling out by the time you strap it up.

I like the Tokistar lights personally for that type of application. It is much like a rope light, but the output is directed down. Extremely compact, and only 2.8W/ft. You might need two rows of it if you want the counters bright.

Only down-side is that the power supplies are pretty bulky, and I am not sure where you would hide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.