LED strip Uplight

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
The 2 ft and 6 ft lengths are for the connector wire. The LED tape itself is available up to 100 feet long, but must be ordered cut by the manufacturer to the desired length.

-Jon

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Have you considered line voltage tape? LEDI LINE VOLTAGE TAPE
I was looking for something 120v with end feed connector.

I think one issue in this scenario is that he doesn't just have a triagle truss. I think he said it has at least one vertical member right in the middle, and he has NM stubbed out only on one end. So he'd have to go around that center piece with some kind of cable to feed the other side

Then it sounds like the horizontal piece is a 2x4 sandwiched between two 2x6, which has created a 1-1/2" wide recess where he's hoping to have the light strips or something (he though tracks lights)

JoeNorm

I was looking for something 120v with end feed connector.

I think one issue in this scenario is that he doesn't just have a triagle truss. I think he said it has at least one vertical member right in the middle, and he has NM stubbed out only on one end. So he'd have to go around that center piece with some kind of cable to feed the other side

Then it sounds like the horizontal piece is a 2x4 sandwiched between two 2x6, which has created a 1-1/2" wide recess where he's hoping to have the light strips or something (he though tracks lights)
Both runs can be continuous

JoeNorm

This driver could fit in the 1.5" gap and be hidden

Wow, that 120volt stuff looks cool. Not a lot of info on their site.

James L

Occupation
Electrician

This driver could fit in the 1.5" gap and be hidden

Wow, that 120volt stuff looks cool. Not a lot of info on their site.
I was looking for that HitLights driver but couldn't find it. I've used it before in various wattages. It's good.

I didn't see a termination method on that 120v
I've used 12v stuff numerous times, but all of it I've seen has a cord that can be connected in a j-box. It would be nice if it has an end feed like a track

JoeNorm

Here is this one ready to order. You can also get a hardwired adapter kit.

Begs the question......with both options viable and available, which one is better? Price doesn't look like it's going to be very different.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
What does the hardwire adapter kit look like?

I've installed several brands of 120v strip, and every one has been a short cord that connects in your j-box.

Awesome if you have room for a shallow handy box.

JoeNorm

I had one for the track at each truss. I can exit the back of it to get to the top of the truss. Could work to either power a transformer or just the direct 120v strip

James L

Occupation
Electrician
direct 120v strip
That's the part I'm talking about. The "direct wire" option for the 120v strip is a cord.

Where and how will you junction the NM to with the strip cord? If you're ok with a shallow handy box (smallest j-box I know of) that would be the way to go, for sure.