LED lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
We have some led strip lights at bottom of a wall. The wall is about 4'' from floor. The led strips will be install on surface of under wall. I have installed a few led strip with drivers before but never as elaborate as this building. The drivers for these strips are to be remote some up to 150' I am guessing I would need to run wire from driver to led strip. My plan is to install a jbox in cove to wire led strip. Is there anything I should be aware of wiring the led strip under wall?

If You guys cans share your experience with LED strip lights. The strip lights i mention are the kind you see under cabinet or store front accent around window.

cburke1111

Voltage drop...
150' away is a lot.
I would use 24-volt tape or 110v tape if you can.

If this is only for toe-kick lighting, I would not use anything very bright and it will help with the voltage drop.

Reflection...
What type of floor are they going to have? I would try and mount the lights on the side and not straight down. A frosted cover will help too. If it is going to be a highly reflective surface, you will see everything under the wall (wood, drywall, holes &, etc.).

https://www.diodeled.com/blaze-basics-led-tape-light.html
22891005ddebe89c09093f7f04828ed0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Voltage drop...
150' away is a lot.
I would use 24-volt tape or 110v tape if you can.

If this is only for toe-kick lighting, I would not use anything very bright and it will help with the voltage drop.

Reflection...
What type of floor are they going to have? I would try and mount the lights on the side and not straight down. A frosted cover will help too. If it is going to be a highly reflective surface, you will see everything under the wall (wood, drywall, holes &, etc.).

https://www.diodeled.com/blaze-basics-led-tape-light.html
22891005ddebe89c09093f7f04828ed0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.