Lab table mounted outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiElectrician

I'm doing some electrical work at my church that has a school in it. There are four lab tables with four seats each. Each table is against the exterior wall and is bolted to the floor. They need outlets mainly for microscopes. I was going to put the outlets on the wall at the end of the tables but that would require the teacher to run extension cords everytime the microscopes came out. I wanted to put outlets on the wall as I was thinking but then put outlets on the tables where they need it and use so cord to plug them in.

So here are my ideas, just leave them on the wall and mount power strips, hard pipe them to the table and make them call an electrician when they have to move the tables, or preferably use some method to disconnect the outlets when needed.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

MiElectrician

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If you use plugged in power strips you can mount them to wall or table using keyhole slots and screws since they can then be removed without tools, leaving the screws in place.

MiElectrician

I'm going to hard pipe it but leave a box on the wall before I go onto the tables so if they want to change it all they have to do is pull the pipe off and put outlets in the box. Thanks For The Help GYYD

Status
Not open for further replies.