KISS

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I am a fan of simple when it's appropriate. Wasn't that long ago that operators ran equipment with a handful of push buttons and selector switches and lights as the HMI.
One MCC we worked on had short pieces of wood in the buckets to hold the starters in when needed. Who needs overloads?

Owners of this threads system were given a full and complete opportunity to get more experienced designers. I specifically offered to back off when we visited a similar project. They declined.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
The screen clip is the design layout. Most of those items do not appear until needed. Start button is not visible if it is Running. Stop button not visible if it is Stopped or in the process of shut down. Temperature warning indicators only come On when they are out of range. Some portions of the process may run without the others or are totally dependent on them.

I have this discussion with my spouse after we leave on a road trip and she picks up the small roadmap booklet she keeps in her door pocket as we leave.
She: Is this the fastest? Will we be going past....? Can we stop at..... I want Tacos. Why aren't we taking this little road? It looks shorter.

Me: (Thinking now's a fine time for input...Turn your map around)
Me: (Pointing with finger to her map.) We are on this road going in a Westerly direction to here. What we see and where we stop are up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.