Juno

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
I have a customer that has a Juno TU Tim circuit track. He has some track heads on one circuit. He also bought three pendant lights he would like to install on the other circuit. I am having an issue locating a pendant adapter where you can select the circuit you would like the pendant to come on with. Has anyone seen or used anything like that? I’m wondering if some companies come up with that adapter that I am not aware of. Any insight would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Not familiar with the product, but if this is the correct web page for the track adapters, under the technical documents there are 4 different installation instructions for different versions, and 2 of them discuss moving one of the contacts on the track adapter to select which circuit to use.

The one for the TU track doesn't discuss that, but perhaps it's similar?

Otherwise, if the track heads are adjustable, then even if the pendant adapter isn't, if they end up on the same circuit, you could adjust the track heads. Plus adjust the supply end if that's important.

Cheers, Wayne

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
Not familiar with the product, but if this is the correct web page for the track adapters, under the technical documents there are 4 different installation instructions for different versions, and 2 of them discuss moving one of the contacts on the track adapter to select which circuit to use.

The one for the TU track doesn't discuss that, but perhaps it's similar?

Otherwise, if the track heads are adjustable, then even if the pendant adapter isn't, if they end up on the same circuit, you could adjust the track heads. Plus adjust the supply end if that's important.

Cheers, Wayne

Thank you Wayne, that is the adapter I’m using and it isn’t adjustable to both circuits. And the heads that they have are not adjustable to the second circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
The T31N plain (not G, H, or L type)? The spec sheet says "Two-position power contact provided for two-circuit application." So it sounds like it's supposed to be adjustable, but the installation instructions on silent on how to do that.

Have you looked at the L type installation instructions to see how they are supposed to configured for the other circuit? Maybe that will clarify how the T31N plain is supposed to be reconfigured.

Or maybe someone with hands on experience can help you, I'm just looking closely at the website documents.

Cheers, Wayne

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
I called Juno and the T31N cannot be used on the second circuit. But it can be used with a two circuit track. Doesn't make sense to me. They told me that they do not make a pendant adapter that can access the second circuit. That is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Maybe a different company makes one that can be used with Juno

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Usually you grab the lower copper tab and pull it out just a bit. That is how I have seen the two circuit tracks work so the adapter should be the same if, in fact, it can be used for two circuits.
That is typically how all two circuit heads work. Nothing more than extending the tab for the hot leg out far enough to contact the second circuit within the track.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I called Juno and the T31N cannot be used on the second circuit. But it can be used with a two circuit track. Doesn't make sense to me. They told me that they do not make a pendant adapter that can access the second circuit. That is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Maybe a different company makes one that can be used with Juno

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Basically they are saying that it will only work on circuit 1 not 2.... That is silly

Halo fits juno--I think but there are a few style juno tracks so I am not certain

Nora Lighting has one

NT-308.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.