isolated ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie

Esteemed Member
Re: isolated ground

Seriously...Every dedicated two wire/wg NMB circuit, in a wood frame house, or a metal stud with plastic boxes, will have an isolated ground with out the orange mark.

hurk27

I agree and any engineer or inspector that request one on a romex job needs to go back to the books. and any electrician that installs one under the presumption to get more money out of a customer should be charged with fraud.

bennie

Esteemed Member

When two or more computers are connected to separate equipment grounds, filter current will cause a voltage drop in the grounds. This drop will not be equal, causing current to flow in the interconnecting cable grounds and shields. Perfect situation for ground loop noise.

[ June 23, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: bennie ]

hurk27

Bennie this is a big problem with P/A systems and can be heared in the speakers as a 60 Hz. hum so then the sound man lifts the 120 volt grounds allowing for a unsafe condition I used 1 to 1 iso audio transformers on the audio lines to break the ground loop but you have to be carfull as the can be voltage potential across these isolators. but when I wire a sound stage single point grounding with isolated grounds works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.