Is this pushing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

I found an Eaton (ETN) panel in Lowes, 100 amp main, 10 circuit (full, or 20 tandem). I bought it because it is only 13x11 and will fit an old pushmatic I need to change. The breakers are type BR. I have a lot of old Bryant breakers, the red and blue ones, they are also BR. The eaton BR is a listed replacement for the Bryant and other older brands. Does that mean I can use the Bryant breakers (says BR type on the breaker) in the new Eaton panel? (as has been discussed here there is no lifespan to a circuit breaker) The Eaton cover says use Eaton type..and then lists breakers, BR being one of them.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
if the breaker is of specified/allowed type, and it fits, i dont see a reason why you cant use them, other than being old/used can impact how they perform. is the cost of a few new BR's not in the budget?

GerryB

if the breaker is of specified/allowed type, and it fits, i dont see a reason why you cant use them, other than being old/used can impact how they perform. is the cost of a few new BR's not in the budget?
I probably will break down for new ones, plus I need one arc fault. I have a lot of new Siemons that I thought were BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.