Is this a violation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 73 DATSUN B210as my daily driver Used to get on the long lines to fill up my big 8 cyl 62 Buick Wildcat gas guzzler with the 24 gal tank
on alternate day when we were allowed by our licence late number. I could pump the gas back out and then refill the tank on the Datsun
twice. That little 1200CC was only 68HP and a bit sluggish but not that bad with a stick. Heard the ones with the automatics were horribly
slow and couldn't get out of their own way it was a rust bucket too and the paint faded and got chalky. The running joke then was that
they were made from the melted down rusty junkyard cars we sent them LOL

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's nothing. My first car was a '65 Corvair Corsa with the 4-carb engine and a 4-speed tranny.

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just cover with wire mold, I would use metal one not plastic though.

If this is considered "subject to damage", why are plastic wire molds even an option? Id imagine after a couple ladder placements, the wire mold could be cracked, resulting in the wire being exposed similar to the picture above. I imagine in most locations where plastic wire mold is used its structural integrity could be compromised. I agree though, I always prefer the metal wire mold over plastic.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
... could be cracked....
Is 'could be' similar to 'possibly be' or 'likely to be'?

To differentiate between these terms I use buying a lottery ticket as an example.
If you buy a ticket it is possible you will win, however it is not likely.

Last edited:

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
My help was investigating a fault in cable that appears to be direct buried under the basement floor. Subject to damage?

I'd like to string the guy up that didn't sleeve it.
I don’t believe the “subject to damage” would come up for this install under the basement floor any more than any other direct buried installation.

However, the stringing up the guy I agree with. the fact that he didn’t sleeve it seems like poor workmanship…

kwired

Electron manager
Is 'could be' similar to 'possibly be' or 'likely to be'?

To differentiate between these terms I use buying a lottery ticket as an example.
If you buy a ticket it is possible you will win, however it is not likely.
Power ball and similar games not likely to win the top prize.

Other scratch ticket games, you have high enough chance of winning small amounts just to keep you interested in buying more tickets, it is rigged that way on purpose.

I love it when they publish say a $10k lottery winner in local news, I always chuckle and have to say that person probably still put more $$ in than they got out over their lifetime.

About only tickets I have ever bought were gifts to give to others and occasionally have been given some as gifts, otherwise I stay away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.