is there any software that takes user kwh and tell how much save due to battery and solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
student and solar designer
helllo i want to show how much customers can save due to solar and solar + battery is there is any way to show it?
i see aurora can not do it

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
For just solar there are lots, and Aurora can certainly do it. But I think you mean one that can also do battery.

Energy Toolbase

Solargraf has promised but not come through yet.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
helllo i want to show how much customers can save due to solar and solar + battery is there is any way to show it?
i see aurora can not do it
In most of the jurisdictions I deal with batteries do not contribute to the economics of solar distributed generation. YMMV.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
In most of the jurisdictions I deal with batteries do not contribute to the economics of solar distributed generation. YMMV.
There are exceptional situations like Hawaii that combine sky high fuel prices with stressed infrastructure where battery makes sense, but you general observation is correct.
The amortized lifetime cost of the battery makes it hard to justify purely on an energy cost basis.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
California is probably going to join the Hawaii category next year. Which means the software companies are not keeping up.

When there's a threefold difference between peak and off peak rate and a 5-6 fold difference between the peak rate and the cost of rooftop solar production, batteries can start to matter a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.