Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanVA

Occupation
Master Electrician and Electrical Contractor
New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a do'er; not a talker, so pardon my brevity.

42, Northern Virginia, I got my Master Electrician license last December and my Electrical Contractor's license the following month. So far, it's been a good experience. Some ups and downs. It seems that once I get one thing figured out, I discover 2 more items that I need to wrestle with and understand. I've started small and enjoy the nimbleness of being small, though I know I'll need to expand if I want to have a viable business. I started with troubleshooting, moved into EV charger installation and panel replacement. Latest project is installing a 24KW Generac, which is a huge PITA. Learning curve, though I do look forward to learning from my mistakes and hope the 2nd one will be a piece of cake by comparison.

Anyway, enough yabber from me. I look forward to participating in these forums. Thanks.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I think BrianJohn is also from Virginia. There’s a few of y’all on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occupation
Electrician
New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a do'er; not a talker, so pardon my brevity.

42, Northern Virginia, I got my Master Electrician license last December and my Electrical Contractor's license the following month. So far, it's been a good experience. Some ups and downs. It seems that once I get one thing figured out, I discover 2 more items that I need to wrestle with and understand. I've started small and enjoy the nimbleness of being small, though I know I'll need to expand if I want to have a viable business. I started with troubleshooting, moved into EV charger installation and panel replacement. Latest project is installing a 24KW Generac, which is a huge PITA. Learning curve, though I do look forward to learning from my mistakes and hope the 2nd one will be a piece of cake by comparison.

Anyway, enough yabber from me. I look forward to participating in these forums. Thanks.
Hi can you tell me why the generator has turned out to be a PITA? I'm also new to these forums. Like to hear how you've bid things. Thanks David

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I used to do some work in VA about 30 yeas ago. Does that count??
Did a lot of wiring in Doswell. Flippo Lumber.
Think the owners name was Nelson Flippo..

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Learning curve, mostly. Looking back, it wasn't all that bad and I look forward to future installs.
I’ve priced a few and had the same feeling. Seems like a pita but I’m a single man shop. I’m sure once you do a couple there is not much to it but the first one is stressful. Should note I’ve installed 2 but that was 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.