Intersystem bonding ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have service conductors going into attached picture trough. Same setup. I researched NEC 2014 section 250.94(4) but am confuse says service raceway not trough.

Questions:

1. Can I have outside next to trough intersystem bonding terminal with #6 AWG bonding jumper from the intersystem bonding terminal to the enclosure of the trough?

2. Is it better to have #6 AWG from one of the service disconnects enclosure to the intersystem bonding?

331620b37e63812e46526ad721c8c8fa.jpg

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Yes the intersystem bonding must be external as the cable & telephone guys are not going to open the enclosures. We usually attach the intersystem bond to the wire going to the ground rod.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Yes the intersystem bonding must be external as the cable & telephone guys are not going to open the enclosures. We usually attach the intersystem bond to the wire going to the ground rod.

There are no ground rods at this site. Intersystem bonding terminal is bonded with #6 AWG to service trough enclosure. I see service raceway but was not sure if service trough can be considered raceways this acceptable for bonding the intersystem bonding terminal?

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Wireways are raceways.
Metal Wireways. Sheet metal troughs with hinged or removable covers for housing and protecting electrical wires and cable
and in which conductors are laid in place after the raceway has been installed as a complete system.
It also complies with the Article 100 definition of "raceway".

Status
Not open for further replies.