Interior Soffit lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
What would you recommend for lighting this small soffit area. They just have 4' led daisy chained together around entire wall.
These will be the main light for the 20x20 living room. That one center light will just be a fan.
Thinking about High output Flex Led in Diffused channel, possibly a 45% Channel facing the room
OR

If any one has had good results with another fixture please post a link.
Open to any thing
Lady does have a large budget its her 3rd beach house

. IMG_1229.jpg

Last edited:

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
There might be a reason no one's installed g.l. there in the first place. That type of roof may only permit surface...
However, with a good roofer, it can be wired on the roof...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
First thing is to install an angle trim on the shelf so you can't see the darn lights. Then I would just use tape lights and either double or triple the run

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
Seems like a good cheap option. Thanks.
Demo pic looks good

I would recommend maybe taking a look at a commercial grade product, since you say the lady has money. That CB Concepts product I agree is a great, cost effective option for accent lighting in a typical low margin residential project, but with this cove lighting being the main lighting for the space, and 24' ceilings, you're probably going to want significantly higher output than the roughly 110 lumen/ft output you would get with that rope lighting. That reference photo of the CB Lighting does look good for a low cost accent light, but there's also a ton of downlights in the space providing the actual ambient lighting.

I'd recommend a product similar to the Primus product I've linked below.

Primus ALX2-LP-LED

Status
Not open for further replies.