Install electrical service on vacant land

GRAMMAG8

Occupation
HOSPITALITY
Wow! What are the odds you would know the area?….yes you have it all correct..but I was most interested in your pricing of a new well….Thats what I can’t get a handle on…what the cost would be…I am willing to do it or see if I can do it but without even a clue as to the cost I am trying to do something that is more expedient. Would your mind if I contact your friend to be put on his list of drills? Perhaps he is not as far out as guys who have been booked up for a year.
My son shared the well expenses with the lady who was klilled in the house fire. I sent another text to the grand daughter this evening that it is far better we split the cost to put power back on her land than me trying to trench the easement. She has not responded to ANY communications via text or phone…I don’t understand her reluctance to return a call or a text. I will send her the texts I have sent her via USPS assuming she has not gotten them. I found tracked down her employment but no home address so will send them to her employment with signature required. I don’t know how else to know for sure she has gotten anything.

GRAMMAG8

Occupation
HOSPITALITY
Yes she asked if I was selling…but I have dug my heels in and decided its such a beautiful peaceful location…minus the dump below us, that I am not going to be driven out by laws no one wants to enforce. Its surrounded on 3 sides by a forest preserve and a year around creek, on a hill….so have not come to complete exhaustion from trying, but there are days….as they say, there IS a price that will get you to change your mind.

ericsarratt

Occupation
Utility Contractor, HVAC Service Tech, Septic Installer & Subsurface Operator, Plumber
I have some land and I can see electric poles on the street/road (not on land). I intend on buying an RV and just leaving it on land to be used. The question is ---

Can I install pole with electrical service (200amp) so that I can connect to it?
Check into agricultural or barn service.

Just an idea. I had a neighboor who wanted underground electrical. The local POCO let him dig the trench and then they laid the wire in the trench; they charged him $500 (this was about 20 years ago). He was happy and saved a lot of money digging the trench himself.

ericsarratt

Occupation
Utility Contractor, HVAC Service Tech, Septic Installer & Subsurface Operator, Plumber
If the well is on your land, you should be able to hire an electrician to run power from your panel and remove the wiring to the other house.

You’d still have to think about the pipe that supplies water to the other place - you’re now paying for their water!
That is what I was thinking! If the well has power that you can tap. Shhhhhhhh........

ericsarratt

Occupation
Another thought. I have 5 acres that I own that I occasionally camp on. It is out in the county.

I contacted the county and asked for their local ordinances (or whatever they call it in NM). I did not tell them why I was asking for the ordinances. I did not ask them specifically about camping because I didn't want to get on their radar and give them any ideas about ordinances they should pass.

A simple email got me the list of ordinances. The ordinances were not posted on the internet at all.

Next I read the them to see if they had any ordinances against camping. Nope.

I did this because I know that some counties have rules against camping like you can't stay more than one or two weeks, etc.