Indiana Masters test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on this site took Master electricain test? Whats it like? How hard is it. Is it a three part test open book, closed book, and calculations, or is it all open book test? I have heard both.

charlie

Re: Indiana Masters test?

Indiana doesn't have a masters test. Indianapolis, Bloomington, and other cities in Indiana require a Masters License and some reciprocate but different cities have different requirements. :D

Maybe one of these days, Indiana will have state wide licensing and we will have only one set of requirements. HMMM, is that a pipe dream? :confused:

charlie

Wayne, how many electricians are licensed in most of the municipalities (there are more than 1000 in Indianapolis)? Try multiplying that by the license fee. Now, since that is an annual fee, tell me why most municipalities would not lobby for the repeal of the state wide licensing legislation? :D

Originally posted by charlie:
Indiana doesn't have a masters test. Indianapolis, Bloomington, and other cities in Indiana require a Masters License and some reciprocate but different cities have different requirements. :D

Maybe one of these days, Indiana will have state wide licensing and we will have only one set of requirements. HMMM, is that a pipe dream? :confused:
I realize this, but when I checked into it most places would accept test from other cities. for example if I pass test in terehuate then Indianapolis will accept that. most of them will only other requirements was some jurisdictions require you to learn there local add on adoption to code and take small test on them.
So I was wanting to know if anyone has taken one of these master test like in Indianapolis to let me know what it was like.

charlie

The masters test in Indianapolis is pretty much the same as anywhere else. It used to be the Block exam but Block has been purchased and I don't know who is doing it now.

BTW, there are no local amendments in the State of Indiana. Indiana has amendments that, with the NEC, make the Indiana Electrical Code, would they be testing on that? Also, Articles 547 and 600 are deleted but may be adopted by local ordinance. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.