"incandescent and halogen light bulbs ONLY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
There is still other "standard dimmers" still available as well. Not that they don't work with LED's, but don't always work as well as ones intended for dimming LED's.

Your LED's that are dimmable via an in line dimmer in the supply line are somewhat crude dimming method and still yields undesirable effects at times in comparison to a dimmer driver that utilizes a separate 0-10V dimming input.

retirede

I have two Casablanca fans that were installed when my home was built. They’re very nice, high-quality fans and I don’t want to replace them. They have halogen bulbs - the long, skinny ones similar to the ones used in portable utility lights. I’ve not found an LED replacement for these bulbs, so if I wanted a combination fan control/dimmer, I could use that device.

Like Hal said above re: existing equipment.

kwired

Electron manager
I have two Casablanca fans that were installed when my home was built. They’re very nice, high-quality fans and I don’t want to replace them. They have halogen bulbs - the long, skinny ones similar to the ones used in portable utility lights. I’ve not found an LED replacement for these bulbs, so if I wanted a combination fan control/dimmer, I could use that device.

Like Hal said above re: existing equipment.
The inline dimmers for CFL's/LED's still work on incandescent/halogen. They just not normally rated for as much wattage as their older counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.