ICC testing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick99

I have taken the ICC test for MO. I got a 74 and requires a75 to pass. One of the questions on the test that I’m not sure if I got right or not is as follows. Where should the disconnect be installed for a outside heat and AC unit be. The answer I remember were A. accessibly and lockable B.50feet C. 25feet D.6feet I chose A. Everything I find just says insight and if not lockable. This was on the test in two different questions I never found a distant listed the test is on 2014 code.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I looking at 440-14

Given the parameters of the question I don't think that you can assume that only qualified personnel will be maintaining the unit to meet the exception #1.

Exception No. 1: Where the disconnecting means provided
in accordance with 430.102(A) is lockable in accordance
with 110.25 and the refrigerating or air-conditioning equip-
ment is essential to an industrial process in a facility with
written safety procedures, and where the conditions of
maintenance and supervision ensure that only qualified
persons service the equipment, a disconnecting means
within sight from the equipment shall not be required.

Nick99

Given the parameters of the question I don't think that you can assume that only qualified personnel will be maintaining the unit to meet the exception #1.
That makes sense and for some reason I didn’t think to look in the definition for in sight witch equals 50feet so that cost me a passing score

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That makes sense and for some reason I didn’t think to look in the definition for in sight witch equals 50feet so that cost me a passing score

Sorry man you were so close.

Yup I think that is probably what they were looking for, using the within sight=50'.

Status
Not open for further replies.