I am interested in getting licensed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD2000

I am interested in getting licensed in the city of chicago as a licensed electrician to work in Chicago and suburbs of Illinois, but one of the requirements is that my work experience be documented by an Electrical contractor's license.
The problem is that the company I am currently employed by is a manufacturing company and even though I do many of the work an electrician does but there is no licensed electrician at the company. I graduated from Coyne trade school in Chicago and I have been doing this type of work for about 16 years. So my question is if I take the course with your school will I still be able to take the City of Chicago license test?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I suspect you are talking about mike holt stuff. The forum is associated with Mike but he really doesn't get involved with it. You would have to contact their office.

Taking his course or test etc will not help you with the work requirements. You need to call the Chicago Office of Electrical Examiners (or whatever they call it) and ask if they will accept your work. Since there is no licensed person over you I doubt they will give you any of those hours

Status
Not open for further replies.