Hunter ceiling fan/light combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
I don’t have a lot of information on the topic but looking for ideas. My cousin has some hunter ceiling fan/light combos. Two of which have remotes. And the other has a control switch on the wall (not sure if hard wired or works like a remote).

But the issue there having is the lights randomly turning off. Not blinking or flashing just plain out turning off for a period of time. I’ve asked to make sure it wasn’t happening during any certain patterns of other appliances being used. But nothing but random. No problems with anything else in the house.

I havnt yet went out or looked at them only pictures, I believe the one has Edison (LED) bulbs as well as the other two I’m sure has led.

I’ve researched a little on the web and seen problems from wattage regulators even to the remote receiver inside the unit going wonkers,
Some even have mentioned interference of other things nearby on the same frequency.

Just curious if anyone else has came across anything like this and some ideas to possibly test out.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I installed two Hunter fans a couple of years ago that had in-wall wireless remotes.

I made several trips back to that house over the course of a month trying to figure out why the lights were acting wonky - randomly turning off mostly

I finally told the people I had made my last free trip, and the next trip would be $250. I never heard from them again

I think there was some flaw in the circuitry. But it's been a couple of years now

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
I installed two Hunter fans a couple of years ago that had in-wall wireless remotes.

I made several trips back to that house over the course of a month trying to figure out why the lights were acting wonky - randomly turning off mostly

I finally told the people I had made my last free trip, and the next trip would be $250. I never heard from them again

I think there was some flaw in the circuitry. But it's been a couple of years now
Yeah seems to be a prevalent problem upon looking on the web. I’ve seen people remove/bypass receivers and wattage regulators.

But kinda defeats the purpose of the REMOTE.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
If they are all remote, they likely respond to a RF signal. I've seen where a police band radio transmitter or a CB radio would cause interference and trigger device switch. Most have adjustable frequency and you could try a different frequency. I've had doorbells, older garage door openers, and lights react to this interference.

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
I had four fan/lights in a house, all the same, had hard-wired remotes. Had one switch controlling all the fans. Had to have the breaker off to change the dip-switch’s on them

“ shoot low boys their riding shetland ponies”

Status
Not open for further replies.