HP Rating for Molded Case Circuit Breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifty60

Do UL489 MCCB's like the one shown below typically have a horsepower rating? I've looked through the data sheets and cannot find anything that looks like a HP rating..only an ampere rating.

JG CB.jpg

big john

No, there is no horsepower or motor rating for thermal-magnetic MCCBs, it's not even a consideration UL looks at when testing the breaker: This is the reason the NEC bases all the calculations off the motor type FLA.

templdl

Do UL489 MCCB's like the one shown below typically have a horsepower rating? I've looked through the data sheets and cannot find anything that looks like a HP rating..only an ampere rating.

View attachment 13486
What are you intending to do with the breaker?p
Breakers protect casble. As such what does it have to do with a motor? You have provided no information in regard tty O the motor itself, 1 or 3ph, the HP sand voltage r as ting and by what measns is the motor being protected and controlled.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
What are you intending to do with the breaker?p
Breakers protect casble. As such what does it have to do with a motor? You have provided no information in regard tty O the motor itself, 1 or 3ph, the HP sand voltage r as ting and by what measns is the motor being protected and controlled.
Posting from your phone I take it? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.