How many sections ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
Curious, How many codes' sections/rules in NEC ? i just want to estimate where i am now :D.

nickelec

If you currently studying and have the book in front of you do you think you need to ask that question here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

m sleem

Occupation
Health
Pretty sure he is making a joke about the density and complexity of the NEC.
Thanks for your Good thought, but really i need it,
Currently, in NEC handbook there are number of articles or code changes but, number of rules are not indicated, am i correct ?

Obviously, i am not going to count it one by one :D

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Much depends on what you mean by "rule." For example, if under article 210.52 there are subparagraphs (A) through (I). Under 210.52(A), there are subparagraphs (1) through (4). Under 210.52(A)(2), there are subparagraphs (1) through (3). Just looking at this, do we have one rule, or seventeen rules?

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Much depends on what you mean by "rule." For example, if under article 210.52 there are subparagraphs (A) through (I). Under 210.52(A), there are subparagraphs (1) through (4). Under 210.52(A)(2), there are subparagraphs (1) through (3). Just looking at this, do we have one rule, or seventeen rules?

I appreciate 480sparky's answer-- and, just guessing, I'd say the subparagraphs are the result of the Code Gurus not being omniscient, forcing them to add exceptions here and there!

m sleem

Occupation
Health
If you want a quicker way to figure out how 'far' you are, just use page numbers.

Good idea, the issue is i've done like a list for the rules those are clear for me and i want to check how much percent it's.

m sleem

Occupation
Health

Yes, you're correct, there are so many...:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.