Hospital Grade USB Charger Receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shujinko

I'm looking to specify a Hospital Grade USB Charger Receptacle (Duplex receptacle and 2 USB ports), however the maintenance department of the facility where I am working does not want these devices to have Tamper Resistant Shutters on the electrical receptacles. I cannot find this type of wiring device without the tamper resistant shutters. Does such a device exist? Can anyone point me to a manufacturer that makes these devices without the tamper resistant shutters?

however the maintenance department of the facility where I am working does not want these devices to have Tamper Resistant Shutters on the electrical receptacles. I cannot find this type of wiring device without the tamper resistant shutters.

I have the same issue with a client of mine who does not like the tamper resistant plugs. I don't believe there are any manufacturers that sell a duplex receptacle complete with 2 USB chargers that IS NOT tamper resistant - I've looked around quite a bit, even confirming with my rep from one manufacturer. Though I'm stuck pondering the reason for this. I'm wondering if it has to do with a manufacturing standard.. I notice looking at specs for these devices that UL 1310 - Standard for Class 2 Power Units comes up. This makes sense since the transformer integral to the device for deriving the USB charger voltage falls into this category. I'm actively following up with some manufacturer reps of mine - I'd be very interested to see if this is the reason.

kwired

Electron manager
Why is having the TR shutters a problem?

They are probably only commonly found that way just because so many of them are being sold for applications where this would be required and it saves having to have two items stocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.