Homeline 2 pole breaker lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Does anyone here use SqD Home line breaker locks?
The product in question is a Hom 2PAL ACP.
When I installed it on the breaker, it has the ability to actually rest in a manner that would allow the breaker to not open in the event of a fault.The device can be moved so that it will not impede the function of the breaker, but there is no failsafe way to get it to stay in that position. All it would take is for someone unfamiliar with how it works to move it and it could be in a position that would keep the breaker from tripping.
I can't see how I could be installing it wrong since it has specific tabs that lock into one end of the breaker.
Any input appreciated.

norcal

Isn't all modern circuit breakers "trip free" ? So holding the breaker handle should not affect tripping in a fault/ overload situation.

nizak

IDK. Seems that the tripped position of the handle is different than the "on" position.
I am going to call Schneider tech support and talk to them.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
IDK. Seems that the tripped position of the handle is different than the "on" position.
I am going to call Schneider tech support and talk to them.

Usually the tripped position of the handle is different from both the OFF and the ON position. But once it has tripped you cannot re-close it just by moving handle to the ON position. That same feature allows the breaker to open while the handle is held fully into the ON position.

Status
Not open for further replies.