Hilti UL fire assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

82angelfan

I am on a hospital job. I had to add 2 data stubs. I used Hilti UL assembly W-L-1054 to seal all my walls. My inspector says for data stubs my assembly doesn't work because the 1054 specifically requires strapping on both sides of the wall. Since I'm only stubbed out with a stub 90 and strapped inside the wall he says there is a different UL assembly.
I can't find it, can anyone help?

JGinIndy

Occupation
Retired Electrician currently County Inspector
I am on a hospital job. I had to add 2 data stubs. I used Hilti UL assembly W-L-1054 to seal all my walls. My inspector says for data stubs my assembly doesn't work because the 1054 specifically requires strapping on both sides of the wall. Since I'm only stubbed out with a stub 90 and strapped inside the wall he says there is a different UL assembly.
I can't find it, can anyone help?
I looked at the Hilti 1054 on their web site and mentions your install type. It says to secure conduit per NEC. Is he concerned about lateral movement of the stub out? Did he mention what assembly he is referring to? I may not be much help as we always stubbed out above grid unless was an IT room or similar.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Contact Hilti, they are very good at assisting in these type situations.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.