Help to make this code forum better - from MHE Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

We're going to be re-evaluating our code forum and looking at ways to make it better. Please give me some suggestions. You are the users that are on the forum, so your feedback and what you want is most important to me. Let me know what you'd like to see happen. We'll consider all requests! Thanks for your participation!

wildman

Re: Help to make this code forum better - from MHE Director

Guess Who? It surprises me that the UL ISSUE does not get more response! Only 110 topics since March 03....Once again, this topic seems to be taking up valuable space and I recommend moving (not removing) UL to SAFETY!! You could underscore it much like POWER QUALITY...gfi, afci, UL issues! etc. wildman

wildman

thought to post here....doesn't seem to be getting that much traffic! I would relish the possibility of a "General Discussion" topic! example: The last time I heard from Mike Holt was afew months ago....I believe he was out of town at a "barefoot waterskiing championship" He was participating and I have not heard the outcome! GO MIKE!!! wildman

Because there is no standardized local code exception list, a portion of the forum where local "variations on the theme" could be aired for those whose work spreads across many code agencies, and maybe a move to standardize variations. Moving across a street can change code requirements, I kid you not!

peter

I'd just say: the next time you change the forum, whatever you do, please give us an advance warning. Make it easy for us so we don't have to re-register or look up our passwords. Don't wipe out our bookma.r0
ks..
.I visit this forum every day and like to use the section of "most recent posts" or "new posts".
~Peter [and, Cat, the cat human...can you dicern the cat typing?]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
peter said:
I visit this forum every day and like to use the section of "most recent posts" or "new posts".
Peter, bookmark this link for all posts since your last visit.

I'd like to see:
  • The avatar feature repaired
  • Moderators titles under their name, where "Senior Member" is presently (I believe the software will allow that. It just looks weird in the signatures, IMO. It's the OCD talking)
  • Increase images allowed to 8 again
  • Fix the smiley images on the reply screen - only two are visible, the rest are red X's
  • Perhaps you could snag the smilies from the last version of the forum? Those were nice.
  • Edit: The search feature, while lightning fast, seems to miss a lot. I don't know if there's some settings you can adjust or something.
You know, real important stuff like that. :D

Thank you for the speedy transition this last time, that was good work. :)

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
Folks you have to look at the posting dates.

This thread/question dates back to 10-19-2004, 04:57 PM.

I don't think anyone is listening anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.