help finding a source for PLTC type cable (in USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emiller233

I've been looked thru the internet but didn’t have any luck finding what I'm looking for...
any help finding a source would be greatly appreciated!!! 🍻

NOTE: this cable will be bought in the USA

• Electrical Cable, Shielded, 1 PAIR, BLK/WHT, #16 AWG, NEC Type PLTC, with Twisted 16 GA Conductors, Overall Mylar Shielding, PVC Jacket, Copper Drain Wire

• Electrical Cable, Shielded, Triad, #16 AWG, NEC Type PLTC, with Twisted 16 GA Conductors, Overall Mylar Shielding, PVC Jacket, Copper Drain Wire

paulengr

Jeez. Service Wire. Amercable/Nexans. Houston Wire. Just 3 off the top of my head. Very easy to find. Don’t worry about power limited...most will be just TC so they can be used in PLTC as opposed to say a CAT 5E which is PLTC but can’t be TC because it’s smaller than 18 AWG.

Most of the time though unless you are buying several thousand feet you will be buying from a consolidator such as Omnicable via a supply house. Omni will order say a 20,000 foot run and resell it by the foot or reel since most of us can rarely afford a full run. But if you can the discount dealing directly with the manufacturer is enormous.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
I would think just about any electrical supply house in the USA or for that matter online could get this for you. It's not like it's a unicorn

I try to remember that there was a time where I didn't know where to source stuff like this, and to be helpful. Also, Belden's website is kind of awful for searching; as long as you already know the p/n of the cable you're looking for you can find the data sheet easily. But looking through their site trying to find something specific is terrible. That they don't sequentially number cable part numbers in any discernible way is really annoying.

+1 on "Wire and Cable Your Way" ( www.wireandcableyourway.com ) for small amounts of material. I wouldn't necessarily buy a wack-ton of material from them as their prices aren't that good, but for small amounts of material, it's perfect.

SceneryDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.