Health Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
In don’t know if this question belongs in the “Management” section or not but here goes.

What are you self-employed electricians doing for health insurance? Do you buy individual polices or have you found some group coverage? Are there any electrical or small business associations you’ve found that offer reasonable group coverage?

The reason I ask is my health insurance premium is close to my mortgage payment and getting larger all the time! Any ideals will be greatly appreciated.

pwhite

Re: Health Insurance

alex,

you're not the only one.
i have heard of possible legislation that will allow self-employed people to form a collective unit in order to get group health insurance.

i am not sure what is going on in california, but the cost of health care is getting outrageous.

electricmanscott

I go through the Small Business Services Bureau. They offer many different options and types of insurance. There is no easy way out on this one. You ahev to find a group. I am paying $750 a month for hmo family plan which is up $120.00 from last year.

Len_B

...you're not the only one.
i have heard of possible legislation that will allow self-employed people to form a collective unit in order to get group health insurance. --- pwhite
Health Insurance Policy premiums to my employer (approx 1100 employees - group plan - health HMO, dental, prescription etc.)were $12,000 and did not increase for 2003(we had a good claims record). Typically they went up about 10 to 15% on 2003 renewals in New England region. Between health, dental, prescription etc. other companies in this group pay approx $13,500 per year for group HMO, dental perscript, vision, disability, etc.

$1000 a month mortgage on your health...no easy way out

Len

definitive

I have a decent plan through regence blue shield in washington, but i beef that plan up with a company called AFLAC. I would recommend anyone who is having problems finding affordable insurance to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.