Hazardous location test question

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmee

I have a co worker who had the following question on a journeyman test. Which of the following classifications is the most hazardous?

Class 1 Class 2 Class 3 All of them . I understand that a lot of these type questions come down to interpretation of what the question is asking.

We have looked a reasonable amount of time in the 500 articles for a specific code reference with no luck. If you were to choose what would be your answer?

Thanks

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I would guess since all 3 are considered hazardous to begin with, then your down to which of the 3 hazardous locations have the most stringent installation requirements.

With a scale of 1 to 3 with 1 being the most stringent on installation practices, I'd have to go with Class 1.

With that being said, I agree with you, it's an unfair question since anyone who has witnessed any type of mishap in any one of these 3 locations would have considered it to be the most hazardous at the time of the accident.

JAP>

larmee

I would guess since all 3 are considered hazardous to begin with, then your down to which of the 3 hazardous locations have the most stringent installation requirements.

With a scale of 1 to 3 with 1 being the most stringent on installation practices, I'd have to go with Class 1.

With that being said, I agree with you, it's an unfair question since anyone who has witnessed any type of mishap in any one of these 3 locations would have considered it to be the most hazardous at the time of the accident.

JAP>
Thank You for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.