Guestimate to install 2,000' of 2-MVA Feeder and Pad Mounted Transformer (7200/12470)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottora

We are having issues with the local POCO being able to deliver service in time because of their lead time on a 1MVA transformer. We can change service type to Primary and lower our bill; however, we must install 2,000' of underground (or overhead) and set/install the transformer. We have a delivered price for the transformer but I don't have a clue what this type of labor/installation may cost. Any guestimates on cost would be greatly appreciated (to be clear, if we go this route, we will hire a licensed contractor). I do get that we now have responsibility for the equipment but just trying to kick around some ideas.

Thanks again!

trenching 4-5k, probably would use 15 KV concentric neutral CIC, 6k feet @ $2.25/foot, loadbreak connectors $150 each (3 or 6?), any other gear to set or make up other than the transformer?, WAG 100 man hours to run out the cable, set, make up , terminate. .....

cottora

trenching 4-5k, probably would use 15 KV concentric neutral CIC, 6k feet @ $2.25/foot, loadbreak connectors $150 each (3 or 6?), any other gear to set or make up other than the transformer?, WAG 100 man hours to run out the cable, set, make up , terminate. .....

At this time, I do not know of any other gear. It sounds like we are in the $5-10k guestimate range, does that sound right? If so, I will get more info from Oncor as they planned out setting everything. The POCO is so difficult to work with that I am willing to lose some money to gain a little control...

Thanks!

At this time, I do not know of any other gear. It sounds like we are in the $5-10k guestimate range, does that sound right? If so, I will get more info from Oncor as they planned out setting everything. The POCO is so difficult to work with that I am willing to lose some money to gain a little control...

Thanks!

If you add up what I said, you get more like 22k

Status
Not open for further replies.