Grounding bed sheets- come on man, is this snake oil?

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician
I get the same effect with a rubber band… it’s called “your pulse”… your wrist band is too tight.
if you read my sentence, you'd see that it says "after a couple minutes the pulsing stops."
So using the same wristband, the pulsing stops.

CoolWill

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I do believe that there is an effect on our health from all the EMF and RF radiation we expose ourselves to. Every conductor is an antenna. Every conductor "feels" the signals. Now exactly what the effects are, I don't know and won't speculate, but if it was proven tomorrow that VHF radio caused ADHD or living near power lines caused leukemia, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

However, any study you do that confirms this will swamped by paid counter studies denying it. There is too much money to be made in this technological world. Even if there was conclusive evidence for EMF related health issues, what are we supposed to do? Shut the grid down and go back to the woods? I like the idea, but everyone else will just choose the leukemia. I do take some steps myself, even if you clowns will think I'm weird, because I would rather be wrong about this than right. I put my phone into airplane mode at night. And my WiFi router is on a timer and it shuts off between 11pm-5am.

CoolWill

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That may be reasonable to believe but it doesn't require involving any theory that 'grounding' yourself lessens the exposure. The earth is exposed to all of that, too.
Yeah, not at all. I'm simply talking about limiting our exposure to radiation. Having said that, I'm not sure there is zero benefit to grounding yourself. There is a huge potential in the field between the earth and sky. How your body interacts with that field isn't well studied, and may be inconsequential. Picture how the field lines would behave around a grounded conductor vs. an insulated conductor.

Again, I'm not saying there is an effect. But I won't dismiss the possibility of an effect either. This planet and it's ecosphere is a huge dynamic system that humans have tended to act as if they are somehow outside observers of. But the reality is everything is connected to everything else.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I didn't mean to hurt your delicate wittle fewings😟It was term of endearment, but now you just proved it the other way.
Whatever. Namecalling, mocking, and demeaning language are the last resort of an indefensible position. You can obviously do anything you want but I am not buying any of it.

CoolWill

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Whatever. Namecalling, mocking, and demeaning language are the last resort of an indefensible position. You can obviously do anything you want but I am not buying any of it.
It wasn't name calling. It's like saying "knuckleheads" to some guys on a job. I wasn't mocking until you cried about it. It says more about you to be offended than it does about me. There's probably an ignore button on here somewhere you could use, but I wouldn't know because I have the emotional fortitude to not need it.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
It wasn't name calling. It's like saying "knuckleheads" to some guys on a job. I wasn't mocking until you cried about it. It says more about you to be offended than it does about me. There's probably an ignore button on here somewhere you could use, but I wouldn't know because I have the emotional fortitude to not need it.
There you go again. Heavy sigh... I have nothing more to add to this stupid excuse for a rational discussion, so I will bow out; I care not what you do. By the way, my feelings were not hurt; the only people who are capable of hurting my feelings are those whom I know and respect. Neither applies here.

Last edited:

CoolWill

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There you go again. Heavy sigh... I have nothing more to add to this stupid excuse for a rational discussion, so I will bow out; I care not what you do. By the way, my feelings were not hurt; the only people who are capable of hurting my feelings are those whom I know and respect. Neither applies here.
Sister, you have cut me deep today. I won't soon forget this😟