grounded service conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerod

installing service disconnect between automatic transfer switch and existing all-in-one service only combo. i will be moving MBJ and grounding system to disc.
i will now treat MDP in combo as sub. my question, must i isolate the mechanically connected grounded service conductor connection before entering new service disconnect?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Re: grounded service conductor

must i isolate the mechanically connected grounded service conductor connection before entering new service disconnect?
Where is this connection?

jerod

the grounded service conductor is mechanically bonded at the meter base in combo. i will be extending grounded service conductor from there to the new disconnect. i want to know if i should insulate this connection at meter base, because egc is now in the same enclosure. thanks

[ April 16, 2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: jerod ]

jerod

what i will have when completed is a meter base and a sub-panel with-in the same enclosure. neutral termination bar for branch circuits is isolated from enclosure and meter base service neutral lug. i am worried about the grounded service (neutral) conductor bonded at the meter base and egc termination bar for the branches jumpered with-in the same enclosure. should i isolate egc termination bar from enclosure, it is connected to egc at new service disconnect mbj.

[ April 17, 2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: jerod ]

Status
Not open for further replies.