good one today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recived a call from a customer today who lived in a trailer park. Said head wont work lights are dim and go off sometimes then come back on.i read aboud 50 volts on one of the legs.when i showed up lights were going nutts and off for a min then on. first i thought neut. they have 4 meters on each line coming in. neut was ok and no one else was having a problem. as i started tracing the wire underground which was able to be seen in some parts i found a disconnect under a tree tested my voltage everything was ok. as i was reaching around checking the disconnect. i felt something burn my leg behind me. to make a long story short. someone broke the line coming in. spliced it back togeather with a romex connector. and cut a piece of garden hose to protect it. the hose was melting all the way up undernieth the trailer. i'm glad i got there when i did.and the wire was laying on the ground with a rock on it. i dont think it would have lasted another day without fire. so i shut it down replaced the wires underground in pvc. then twards the end i found out who did the splice. which was the guy who runs the park. i contacted ahj they want to come check out this park

Re: good one today

the other half of the hose was still connected to the spicket... not even a good hose. one of them 2 dollar jobs

charlie

Re: good one today

Wayne, I don't know by what authority they acted but Health and Hospital forced some of the worst trailer . . . UH . . . mobile home parks in the Indianapolis area to update their facilities and run 4 wire feeders in some cases. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.