Ghost kitchen facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrew21

New User
Occupation
Owner
Hoping someone here can help me with my new venture. I am building a ghost kitchen facility that will have 7 commercial kitchen units available for restaurant owners to lease. The amps used for some of the kitchen appliances and ventilation is 678 amps. Most of the appliances are going to be natural gas use. I figure I would need another 400 amps for the rest of the facility so at minimum I would need a 1000 amp panel. Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost to upgrade from a 200 amp panel to a 1000 amp panel or even a 1200 amp panel?

I also don't really understand 120/240 volt vs 277/480 volt. I'm fairly certain everything can be run under 240 volts so I don't think I need anything higher than that. So basically I believe I need a 1000 amp panel 3 phase 120/240 volts but if someone has any input I would really appreciate. I don't know a whole lot so take it easy on me.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I would suggest you contact a qualified electrician and/or an engineer that deals with this. With that said......
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
Reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking "Report" at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.