Generic PA/Security provisions for multi-building site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sparky

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Need general direction for a small site where we need to make general provisions for security cameras + a simple PA (communication) system. We are only creating the engineering drawings making provisions (empty conduit; power; anything else?) for these 2 systems - and the systems will be installed by others. We have a total of 4 very small buildings each only a couple hundred feet from each other. I assume the system 'heads' (main security and main PA control panels) will be located in one of the buildings - and then remote devices will be located in each of the other 3 bldgs as needed (my assumption - correct me as needed if this isn't typical). Again, this is a very small building - security may consist only of cameras, and PA system should be very basic. The PA system likely only consists of locations to make announcements from, and speakers/PA horns.

I need input on:
1) General direction on this type of task. I am not a security nor PA guru. What questions should I be asking - in order to know how to "design" this "supporting infrastructure" correctly?
2) What wiring is typical for security and PA systems nowadays? Ethernet? For whatever wire's typical, any advice on sizing the empty conduits? For example, are 2" empty underground conduits typical and sufficient for this size system, etc. I assume direct buried PVC conduits?
3) Besides empty conduits, I will provide ample power for the devices. For the control panels, I assume 20A, 120 volt circuits for each panel will be sufficient. For the remote devices (security & PA) - do they typically require power? Or are they power-over-ethernet or otherwise powered by their control circuits?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dark Sparky

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes, each building will have electrical panels. I assume we will still need to run some conduits for the same of communications/low-voltage wiring though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.