Generator Inlet Cord Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Installed a generator inlet about 4 ft from ground - used existing hole, plus its easier to plug in. I took a few pieces of wood and made a cord holder to take strain off inlet. Two vertical pieces are just wider than the 10-4 cord and the horizontal piece swings down to hold the cord.
I made my own label install of the tiny one that came with the inlet

Attachments

• GEN INLET SM.jpg
    GEN INLET SM.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 53

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC

Srv52761

Occupation
Energy Manager
I ordered a cord with cord caps on each end (male & female) and it came with a holder similar to a garden hose hanger.

If one knows the generator could you eliminate the inlet, wire a 20' soow cord with the appropriate relief fitting, plug, and plug cap, coming from the bottom of a weatherproof box or a protected weatherproof box. Seems like a lot more weatherproof assembly.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If one knows the generator could you eliminate the inlet, wire a 20' soow cord with the appropriate relief fitting, plug, and plug cap, coming from the bottom of a weatherproof box or a protected weatherproof box. Seems like a lot more weatherproof assembly.
Exactly what I have done.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Installed a generator inlet about 4 ft from ground - used existing hole, plus its easier to plug in. I took a few pieces of wood and made a cord holder to take strain off inlet. Two vertical pieces are just wider than the 10-4 cord and the horizontal piece swings down to hold the cord.
I made my own label install of the tiny one that came with the inlet
I think you should apply for a patent :cool:

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That is a better design than the Reliance. I was lucky to get the Reliance as there was a shortage of inlets, cords everywhere.
A lot of the supply houses and big box stores have shortages on these items. You have to shop on Amazon or the Internet to find some of these supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.