Generator Inlet Cord Holder

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Installed a generator inlet about 4 ft from ground - used existing hole, plus its easier to plug in. I took a few pieces of wood and made a cord holder to take strain off inlet. Two vertical pieces are just wider than the 10-4 cord and the horizontal piece swings down to hold the cord.
I made my own label install of the tiny one that came with the inlet

Attachments

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Going Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC

Srv52761

Occupation
Energy Manager
I ordered a cord with cord caps on each end (male & female) and it came with a holder similar to a garden hose hanger.
If one knows the generator could you eliminate the inlet, wire a 20' soow cord with the appropriate relief fitting, plug, and plug cap, coming from the bottom of a weatherproof box or a protected weatherproof box. Seems like a lot more weatherproof assembly.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If one knows the generator could you eliminate the inlet, wire a 20' soow cord with the appropriate relief fitting, plug, and plug cap, coming from the bottom of a weatherproof box or a protected weatherproof box. Seems like a lot more weatherproof assembly.
Exactly what I have done.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Installed a generator inlet about 4 ft from ground - used existing hole, plus its easier to plug in. I took a few pieces of wood and made a cord holder to take strain off inlet. Two vertical pieces are just wider than the 10-4 cord and the horizontal piece swings down to hold the cord.
I made my own label install of the tiny one that came with the inlet
I think you should apply for a patent :cool:

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That is a better design than the Reliance. I was lucky to get the Reliance as there was a shortage of inlets, cords everywhere.
A lot of the supply houses and big box stores have shortages on these items. You have to shop on Amazon or the Internet to find some of these supplies.