Generator Hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thanks for your input. Eaton said something similar to what qcroanoke said: the breaker will trip on the neutral current as well as the line current which is what i also supposed but wanted to be sure. Thanks again for your input on my first question here on this forum.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am looking at the diagram. i don't see any way that as shown you can select one panel or the other to receive generator power.

I also renew my objection to opening the EGC with the CB.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I am looking at the diagram. i don't see any way that as shown you can select one panel or the other to receive generator power.

I also renew my objection to opening the EGC with the CB.

From my understanding of it Kopper's customer is concerned with the possibility of losing either neutral from the meter socket to either of the panels. If that were to happen the #10 neutral of the panel with the lost neutral would have the entire neutral load of that panel on it creating a bad situation. The same thing could happen on the hots and ground also. That's why he wants to use the breaker. To isolate one panel from the other. Only closing the breaker when Generator power is needed.
At least I think that is the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.