Generator Connection with disconnect switches

mto12345

Occupation
Engineer
Thank you all for discussing my one-line connection. I have incorporated all your suggestions above. The only question I have is, is there a requirement that suggests adding an OCPD (fusible disconnect switch) between the ATS and generator?

Apparently we have two opinions on that. I feel it is required per 225.32 but others don't feel that is applicable.

(Please don;t overlook the GFP requirement in 230.95 & 215.10... that is going to be a problem if you are using fusible switches vs breakers)
Added this key note: Electrical Contractor shall ensure that Ground fault protection devices is installed to protect the feeder and Branch Circuits conductors, to ensure the safety of the electrical system and equipment in the event of a ground fault per NEC 230.9 and NEC 215.10 Ground-Fault Protection of Equipment (GFPE).

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Added this key note: Electrical Contractor shall ensure that Ground fault protection devices is installed to protect the feeder and Branch Circuits conductors, to ensure the safety of the electrical system and equipment in the event of a ground fault per NEC 230.9 and NEC 215.10 Ground-Fault Protection of Equipment (GFPE).
Just as a matter of interest, I don't know how you accomplish that with a fusible disconnect...(other than bolt-lok)
(there may be folks here that do know if/how it can be accomplished)