Gen 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I just saw these in EC&M. Look like a good thing. Has anyone tried them? I see a lot of potential if they work as intended.

jmellc

Occupation
Pic didn’t post.

Attachments

• 7E642362-C8E2-4176-9F6C-E873BDB4B27E.jpeg
    7E642362-C8E2-4176-9F6C-E873BDB4B27E.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 84

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
It looks like you would have to have a nonstandard tombstone configuration to supply both switched and unswitched power to the tube or unswitched power and a switch leg.
So probably better for new installations than for retrofits.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

jmellc

Occupation
It looks like you would have to have a nonstandard tombstone configuration to supply both switched and unswitched power to the tube or unswitched power and a switch leg.
So probably better for new installations than for retrofits.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I couldn’t tell for sure so I e mailed the company. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I have one that is a standard screw base in a led bulb that does the same thing. I can shut off switch and NP, but power goes out and switch is on light remains on for a brief period, can even turn on during outage and it will light. Don't know how it functions but it does. Just a thought and no info to back it but it could be reading frequency just like a load shedding device does for a generator. Maybe someone has some facts.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have one that is a standard screw base in a led bulb that does the same thing. I can shut off switch and NP, but power goes out and switch is on light remains on for a brief period, can even turn on during outage and it will light. Don't know how it functions but it does. Just a thought and no info to back it but it could be reading frequency just like a load shedding device does for a generator. Maybe someone has some facts.
I have some bulbs that sound like that. I bought them on Woot. They're sold as automatic power-outage bulbs, but they also come with little Edison bases with a hanging hook and a switch button.

You can also make them light up in your hand by pressing dampened fingers on the tip and screw-shell. I've taken them on motorcycle camping trips. Much better area light than a flashlight, too.

They work like regular bulbs when the power is on, and while lit, the built-in batteries recharge. When the power goes out, they turn on and off with the wall switch through other loads on the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.