FPL Enphase throttling

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardfixit

Occupation
Retired
My question is simple do the electric companies have the ability to throttle power output from Enphase inverter’s noticing a trend in my system regardless of sunlight when air conditioning is running power output doubles ?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
My question is simple do the electric companies have the ability to throttle power output from Enphase inverter’s noticing a trend in my system regardless of sunlight when air conditioning is running power output doubles ?
We don’t.
Do you have batteries also? Are they dumping at all?
not sure I understand exactly. When the AC runs your output doubles??
sounds like CTs wired wrong.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If your production is going up when a load turns on something is configured wrong with the CT's. Do you also have consumption CT's? I would recommend having your PV installer come out to review.

Richardfixit

Occupation
Retired
No I do not have batteries hooked up to my system currently the system is rated at 17.6 kW Dc translates to roughly 14 something AC max output on the sunniest brightest day is 12 KW looking at the Enphase app you can see the output jump drastically when there is more of a load on the system air-conditioning turning on pool pump etc. when nothing is running and no one is home it barely put anything into the grid very confusing

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
No I do not have batteries hooked up to my system currently the system is rated at 17.6 kW Dc translates to roughly 14 something AC max output on the sunniest brightest day is 12 KW looking at the Enphase app you can see the output jump drastically when there is more of a load on the system air-conditioning turning on pool pump etc. when nothing is running and no one is home it barely put anything into the grid very confusing
Your CTs are wired wrong

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
Polarity is wrong
Most likely.

The other possibility is the micros are reducing output because of high line voltage. When the A/C kicks in the line voltage drops so the micros can produce more.

Put a AC clamp on meter where the array comes down from the roof and see if it reports higher output. If so, the upper voltage window may be too low. If not, the CTs are misplaced or mis-wired.

Status
Not open for further replies.