Forum Sign In

Status
Not open for further replies.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
For the past month or so, every time I try to sign into the Forum I get a message, after entering my name and password, that says invalid URL. I re-enter my name and password and it's immediately accepted. Anyone know what is going on???

kwired

Electron manager
My guess is a problem with your browser or it's settings, or even network/settings/firewall issues.

Do you have current updates applied to your operating system or programs?
When was last time you restarted your computer or even your modem/router/other network gear? Though some claim you shouldn't have to do that - it still ends up resetting a lot of things that are otherwise hard to find.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You have something in your browser cache that is loading first, which points to an invalid URL or a corrupted HTML string, then when you re-load it goes to the original log in page and loads your stored info. Get logged in correctly, delete whatever link you use to get to this forum, then save (bookmark) the successful login page again.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I have the same problem. So when I go to the first menu and click "code forum" it takes me there and then at the top of that page you will see "forum", click on that and you should be signed in. I don't know why it happened but that's how I have to get in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.