Food Truck - Electrical Inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave02

Occupation
Electrical Consultant
Good afternoon. Who knows anything about Food Trucks and electrical inspections? When answering would you identify your state?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Food trucks are not covered by the NEC. They are usually inspected by the health department just like a restaurant.

90.2(B) Not Covered.
This Code does not cover the following:
(1) Installations in ships, watercraft other than floating buildings, railway rolling stock, aircraft, or automotive vehicles other than mobile homes and recreational vehicles

superdave02

Occupation
Electrical Consultant
Food trucks are not covered by the NEC. They are usually inspected by the health department just like a restaurant.
I know it’s not in the NEC. Who would inspect the electrical installation in a food truck is what I’m trying to figure out. I hope the health department is not.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Here in NJ it's the local health departments.

LICENSES AND INSPECTIONS
Restaurants, caterers, food stalls, food trucks, and online retail food businesses are regulated and licensed by the local health department. For information about licensing and inspections of retail food establishments, contact the local health department whose jurisdiction includes the municipality where the food will be prepared and/or sold.

Rick 0920

Occupation
Electrical Instructor
I am in the process of obtaining licensure to operate a floating, motorized tiki bar here on the St. Johns River where I live. It will have inspections done by the US Coast Guard and the Health Dept. It's quite the ordeal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.