Fluke T5-600 has no sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would recommend calling the manufacturer. If you have had this for awhile, dropped it etc it may not function anymore. I assume the digital or analog part still works

kwired

Electron manager
Lol, if I did not hear it, then no one can hear it
I hate to ask this, but can others hear it? My hearings gone South so don’t take it personal.

I do not own that meter but most of mine are Fluke.

My T+Pros do have a button.
Sure he was serious. I know my father can't hear the continuity beep on many these meters. I myself have had some that aren't as easy for me to hear as others. Hearing loss does happen, and this kind of high pitch sound is one the first things to come up that you may not even realize you can't hear, so at very least check with others to verify if they can hear it or not.

I'm presuming any display is showing continuity and you just not hearing any audible alarm.

WasGSOHM

Occupation
EE
The thing is, the Sonalert frequency is set to be most easily heard by people with normal hearing.
With hearing loss as was said it's the high frequencies that usually go first, along with intelligibility, so other people then sound like they are mumbling.

They call this age-related hearing loss but there are people living in mountainous regions that have perfect hearing into their 90's.

To avoid buying this wireless TV hearing gadget, I hooked up a $30 amp to the TV output where we can crank up the treble and put it out to some good speakers.

That brings up a new problem; while the TV volume is more or less constant, different programming sources have already added or subtracted the high frequencies so some people hiss and others mumble, on the same show.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
The thing is, the Sonalert frequency is set to be most easily heard by people with normal hearing.
With hearing loss it's the high frequencies that usually go first, along with intelligibility, so other people then sound like they are mumbling.

To avoid buying this wireless TV hearing gadget, I hooked up a $30 amp to the TV output where we can crank up the treble and put it out to some good speakers.

That brings up a new problem; while the TV volume is more or less constant, different programming sources have already added or subtracted the high frequencies so some people hiss and others mumble, on the same show.
My wife can hear spiders bark at a 100 yards and she refuses to wear ear plugs so volume amplification of any sort is out at our house. Aids help but not completely.

kwired

Electron manager
Problem I have with most modern TV's is the speakers are typically on bottom and downward facing. Just pointing them at me instead of this indirect orientation would make a difference in how far I need to turn up volume to be able to understand things that are being said on the program. Then if there is any other noises in the room it gets even worse.

WasGSOHM

Occupation
EE
My wife can hear spiders bark at a 100 yards and she refuses to wear ear plugs so volume amplification of any sort is out at our house. Aids help but not completely.
I use ear protectors when my wife is watching our amplified, high freq boosted TV.

They also reduce the battering I take from the constant bad news. Is this what the end of our civilization looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.