Fluke 110 battery case screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
I have a Fluke 110 with a missing battery case screw. Anyone know the exact size replacement? I've tried, but haven't been able to figure out the size, and I can't find it listed online anywhere.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Try messaging Fluke.

Roger

tallgirl

Occupation
I love living in the future!

If anyone else has an answer, I'd appreciate it as well. Don't know if they'll answer today.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I love living in the future!

If anyone else has an answer, I'd appreciate it as well. Don't know if they'll answer today.
How about this...

M3 x 0.5, 6mm/L Pan Head

synchro

Occupation
EE
The Fluke 111 that I have has a different screw (see pics below). I've had it quite a while. Maybe the screws above are for a later version.
screw thread O.D. : 0.125" (1/8")
screw thread I.D. : 0.085"
shank dia. under head: 0.115"
overall length: 0.801"
head dia: 0.238"
screw pitch: 14 threads/inch Fluke_111_battery_cover_screw2cc.jpg Fluke_111_battery_cover_screw1cc.jpg Fluke_111_frontc.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The Fluke 111 that I have has a different screw (see pics below). I've had it quite a while. Maybe the screws above are for a later version.
screw thread O.D. : 0.125" (1/8")
screw thread I.D. : 0.085"
shank dia. under head: 0.115"
overall length: 0.801"
head dia: 0.238"
screw pitch: 14 threads/inch
That looks more like a case screw than a battery-cover screw.

synchro

Occupation
EE
That looks more like a case screw than a battery-cover screw.
I agree, because it's also a case screw. I may have an older version of the meter. The top of the threading within the recessed hole in the picture below starts 0.40" below the top surface of the battery cover. So a 6mm long screw will not even be long enough to start engaging the threads.

Fluke_111_back_screws_c.jpg Fluke_111_battery_cover_screwhole_c.jpg

tallgirl

Occupation
Oooo! That's an idea - I can remove a case screw and see if it works, that way I'll know which one I really need!

synchro

Occupation
EE
Oooo! That's an idea - I can remove a case screw and see if it works, that way I'll know which one I really need!
I would check whether there's just two case screws left on your meter, with just a hole for the battery cover near the bottom of the back side of the meter. In other words, similar to the pictures in my post #9. The case screws are long, so you wouldn't want to screw them in all the way if you have a different setup on your meter (because there might be some circuit board or parts in the way). See if the threads are deeply recessed like in my last picture.

tallgirl

Occupation
It's a case screw. I moved one of the two "upper" screws to the battery case position. I'm going take the meter to the Orange store this morning and see if I can find a replacement that's close enough.

Thank-you everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.