Florida Unlimited Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

horses

I recently passed the technical part of the unlimited electrical and need to take the business portion now... my question is do I need to take a class to pass the business portion? I believe its 50 questions and 2.5 hours. I cant believe it could be any harder than the technical part!! Just curious if anyone that has taken it has any opinion?

Thanks

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I recently passed the technical part of the unlimited electrical and need to take the business portion now... my question is do I need to take a class to pass the business portion? I believe its 50 questions and 2.5 hours. I cant believe it could be any harder than the technical part!! Just curious if anyone that has taken it has any opinion?

Thanks

I’ve taken the business exam in three different states.
They seem to be harder than the technical part.
you got the NASCLA business exam book?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
The business book in Florida is way bigger than any of the NASCLA books that I've had on other test like NC, & SC!

Makes sense, I thought Florida used the NASCLA book.
NC the technical was tougher. Business part was easy. I guess they want to make sure you know how to calculate and install, don’t care if you know the business part.
SC& AZ, the business was tougher.

thomasbl7

Thanks
Did you pass the business portion of the test yet? What books did you use to prepare for the technical and business sections. The bulletin has a lengthy list and hopefully all the books won't require purchasing. Thanks

Thanks
I'm about to take my master exam in florida too. Any tips for the technical portion?? Tia

Dibloafer911

You shall not pass
Occupation
Controls, estimating, engineering
I used the 1exam prep course just for the florida business exam. Was very helpful. Spent $300. I had no idea where to begin with the Florida Contractor Manual. But after tabbing, highlighting, and doing the practice exams I aced the test. Good Luck
Pretty much the same for me. I spent around $400 on a week long course to prep me for the electrical and business portions, went through the tedious process of tabbing and highlighting and drilling exams like crazy! and it was total worth the money. I aced them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.