Florida Grandfathering Expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

"Attention Florida Registered Contractors."

As of November 1, 2004, the certification of registered contractors will expire. This means that if you obtained you contractors license after November 1, 1999, you will not be elgible to certify your license.

What does this mean? Well, If you decide to become certified, you will have to pass the state ulimited exam as if you are a new applicant. No more grandfathering! Also, several jurisdictions no longer accept the registered license, so you will not be able to work in these communities unless you are certified.

The ECLB no longer requires local jurisdictions to provide local licensing as long as a state lincense is available. I predict within 3 years the registered license will be absolete!! :eek:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: Florida Grandfathering Expiration

FL is definitely taking a step in the right direction, hopefully they will consider license to unlicensed ratio's. Even though electrical certification in N.C. is state licensing, we could stand state wide ratio's like the city I'm based in.

Roger

[ July 11, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

bphgravity

Re: Florida Grandfathering Expiration

The issue of licensed to unlicensed ratio is voted on at nearly every ECLB board meeting. Thus far, it is always denied.

From what I understand, the vote is getting closer and closer to passing with each year. A source of mine that works for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation has informed me that serious research and an exploritory committee has been established to see a licensed ratio become law within 5 years.

I agree that this would be great progress. Lets hope it actually can be acomplished. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.