Florida EC exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonysolino

hey every one! new here, wanting to see if any one has taken the Florida business exam recently, I was wanting to know as to why the business portion for electrical is 50 questions and other contractors its a 6.5 hour 130 question exam

anthonysolino

I don't know, but consider yourself lucky. I still have the study guide for that portion and it's four inches thick.
the contractors manual is huge, I've been going through it, but when I printed off my "content outlines" sheet it only says 50 questions, I ended up getting mikes book for the business, its been pretty helpful, when you took yours it was over 100 questions ?

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Since both the business and technical tests are open book, the best advice is to be familiar with all the books. You want to be able to quickly locate the information the question is asking about. The questions usually use an exact phrase from a reference. Find that phrase and you have the answer.

powerpete69

Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
As with any of these big tests, Study, prepare, work a lot of problems front to back.
I'm assuming that the guys that go in "winging it" and saying "its open book" do not pass.
Don't be that guy.
A little "over studying" is certainly not going to hurt you in the long run.
One more thing, when you go thru the test, answer all the easy questions first. Then answer the "medium" questions next. Then answer the hard questions and lastly answer the "impossible" questions. Helps warm your brain up and gets your confidence up.

anthonysolino

As with any of these big tests, Study, prepare, work a lot of problems front to back.
I'm assuming that the guys that go in "winging it" and saying "its open book" do not pass.
Don't be that guy.
A little "over studying" is certainly not going to hurt you in the long run.
One more thing, when you go thru the test, answer all the easy questions first. Then answer the "medium" questions next. Then answer the hard questions and lastly answer the "impossible" questions. Helps warm your brain up and gets your confidence up.
I like that approach, didn't think of that, our business is 50 questions but our contractors manual is like 10 chapters over 3000 pages of information its hard to gauge what they are asking, mikes book I got its helpful, its hard to know what they are going to ask, I mean sure I guess I can go in and fail it, and then" well I know whats on it now" approach but I don't want to have to drop 175 bucks every retake. I want to pass the business portion the first time electric I feel good about, but I will continue to study both.

Status
Not open for further replies.