floor receptacle in covered porch

Status
Not open for further replies.

T74

Anyone have a good product for a floor receptacle in a covered porch?

The floor will be deck boards and will not be accessible below once completed.

I found a few but one is intended for concrete and the other ties in to a j box below the decking boards,

kwired

Electron manager
If you like the one designed for concrete, build something to support it under the deck. Might need one with a flanged trim of some sort to cover the cutout in the deck is all.

tank728

Occupation
Electrician

nickelec

Technically no because you would be violating UL listing but I have done it before it works fine

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
Technically no because you would be violating UL listing but I have done it before it works fine

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
What did you wire it with? The whole point of having the SJ cable is because the conductors flex every time the receptacle is popped up. Wire not rated for flexing will fail quickly doing what you describe.

SceneryDriver

kwired

Electron manager
I'm assuming the flexible cord is part of the listed assembly. Whatever it connects to would need to be accessible, but I believe OP has a deck that will not have any underside accessibility, so that connection would need to be accessible either by removing the unit or via some other removable access cover, which could be a decking board arranged so that is can be removed, hidden fastener type deck boards typically won't allow this access.

Status
Not open for further replies.