Flickering vanity light

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyork89

Good morning all,

I have a client with a vanity light with intermittent flickering controlled by an old dimmer switch on a dedicated 15A bathroom circuit(100 year old house) that is sharing a neutral with another 15 amp single pole breaker.

I performed the following over a few visits: Checked for proper wiring and tight connections in the switch junction box, light fixture junction box, and exhaust fan. Cleaned the corrosion off the socket center tabs and changed bulbs to brand new dimmable. Tightened terminations on the breaker and neutral in the panel. Didn’t correct so I changed circuit breaker, fixture, and installed new 150w Lutron dimmer. Still didn’t fix it. did find out the flickering is greatly reduced when a standard single pole switch is installed

I hadn’t ever actually seen it flicker all client reported. Then while finishing up on last visit the client plugged in a 12 amp vacuum on the kitchen receptacle circuit and bam flickering like crazy. This is a completely separate circuit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

kwired

Electron manager
LED replacement lamp in standard incandescent socket type? Variety of quality there but as general rule all are susceptible to fairly small voltage fluctuations. Candelabra based and other decorative types often are horrible and respond to the littlest fluctuations, and doesn't even need to be by items on same circuit.

jyork89

It s
LED replacement lamp in standard incandescent socket type? Variety of quality there but as general rule all are susceptible to fairly small voltage fluctuations. Candelabra based and other decorative types often are horrible and respond to the littlest fluctuations, and doesn't even need to be by items on same circuit.
Yes it is a standard socket type for incandescent bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.